Tuesday, August 27, 2013

moderation


I am not a fan of the phrase, "everything in moderation." It seems to make sense. Live a relatively healthy life and occasionally allow yourself a treat but don’t go crazy. 

That may work well for some people but for many of us we can’t stop at just one piece of chocolate, one drink, one impulse buy... you get the idea. Thinking that the key to happiness is moderation has us feeling like failures too often.

Maybe that is why I have decided to throw moderation out the window. I have tried, really, I have. It simply doesn’t work for me. Why keep fighting?

Luckily for me, I don’t approach healthy behaviors with moderation either. I have been told in the past that I have an obsessive personality. I’ve also heard that I’m passionate. I prefer the latter, of course. 

What am I passionately obsessing over right now? Fitness and clean eating. I’m currently into my fifth week of a new exercise program. I love it. This blog does not have a clear direction right now but I'm sure you will hear much more about my fitness journey. The past month has given me back control over my health and it has been amazing. I never want to stop feeling this good.

Moderation, I don’t need you in my life. As long as I put my energy into things that benefit the health and well being of myself and my family, I will be just fine.


No comments :

Post a Comment